Re: [AUCTeX-devel] a LaTeX-env-usepackage environment

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] a LaTeX-env-usepackage environment
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 19:03:06 +0100

> You might want to insert the `\usepackage's after the `\documentclass'
> inside the `LaTeX-env-document' and I might agree, but that would
> require some care and work.  Is this what you want?  I can try to
> write down a patch for this.

Ok, I wrote a small patch jsut to show what I mean.  It is a
proof-of-concept, can be improved and suggestions are welcome.  The
main changes are:
- the body of `LaTeX-arg-usepackage' has been split into two new
functions, one (LaTeX-arg-usepackage-get-packages-options) to get the
arguments of `\usepackage' and another (LaTeX-arg-usepackage-insert)
to actually insert them.  Apart from splitting its body, nothing has
been changed inside `LaTeX-arg-usepackage'
- a new function (LaTeX-insert-usepackages) has been defined, which
prompts for a new `\usepackage' until empty input
- `LaTeX-env-document' uses `LaTeX-insert-usepackages'.

If this feature will be accepted, possible improvements come to my mind are:
- in `LaTeX-arg-usepackage-get-packages-options', don't prompt for
options if no package has been given
- in `LaTeX-env-document', make autoinsertion of `\documentclass' and
`\usepackage' optional but on by default (maybe not everybody likes
this kind of automatisms).