[AUCTeX-devel] from 11.84 to 87 problems.

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] from 11.84 to 87 problems.
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 19:49:10 +0200

Hello
I still encounter problems switching from 11.84 to 11.87.
Running Xemacs 21.5 and the pkg offered from auctex team.

    -  I just leave my 11.84 setting untouched and try 11.87 out: I
       obtain an error (as I already indicated.) Why is backwards
       compatibility violated? Anyhow I add

(defalias 'TeX-source-specials-expand-options
'TeX-source-correlate-expand-options)

       and this error disappears,

    -  however when I switch TeX-PDF-mode, I can compile but when I try
       the view I obtain a different error which I attach.

    -  so I just comment my TeX-command-list and TeX-expand-list setting
       in .emacs out and restart xemacs.

    -  now in TeX-PDF-mode, I can compile and the viewer works (evince
       BTW how can I switch to xpdf??)

    -  what does NOT work is source-specials!
        `TeX-source-correlate-mode' I run latex
        (I switch on C-c C-t C-s runs `TeX

Running `LaTeX' on `new' with
``latex --synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode "\input" new.tex''

BTW: also I had

TeX-source-correlate-start-server to ask

I was not asked so I set it to t

But when opening a viewer I obtain

,----
| No source specials in this DVI file - couldn't do reverse search.
`----

 And

,----
| Forward/reverse search allows you to jump from a point in the DVI file
| to the corresponding location in the .tex source file, and vice versa.
| To make this possible, the .tex file needs to be compiled with source
| special support. This can be done by using either a package like
| "srcltx.sty" or "srctex.sty", or a command-line switch like "-src" for
| the TeX executable. See the xdvi man page (section SOURCE SPECIALS) for
| more information about this.
`----

I am wondering why the call is not
``latex --src -interaction=nonstopmode "\input" new.tex''

Any help is very welcome, but right now I cannot use 11.87.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Nonexpansion
TeX-source-specials-expand-options")
  signal(error ("Nonexpansion TeX-source-specials-expand-options"))
  cerror("Nonexpansion %s" TeX-source-specials-expand-options)
  apply(cerror "Nonexpansion %s" TeX-source-specials-expand-options)
  error("Nonexpansion %s" TeX-source-specials-expand-options)
  TeX-command-expand("%`%l%(mode)%' %t" TeX-master-file)
  TeX-command("LaTeX" TeX-master-file nil)
  TeX-command-master(nil)
  call-interactively(TeX-command-master)