[AUCTeX-devel] 11.87, some progress, problems with synctex and forward p

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] 11.87, some progress, problems with synctex and forward pdf search
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 23:08:11 +0200

Hi

First my system:
Kubuntu 10.04
with texlive 2009
xemacs 21.5.33

Oukular 0.10.5
evince 2.30.3
xpdf 3.02

I finally got inverse and forward search to work in dvi but *NOT* with
synctex but with -src.

`TeX-source-correlate-method' is a variable declared in Lisp.
  -- loaded from "tex"

Value: source-specials

Even I used customize, I had to restart xemacs to make it work. I repeat
with the standard setting

TeX-source-correlate-method' synctex

Inverse and forward search does not work in xdvi.

PDF

I followed the instructions in
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/161797/how-to-configure-emacs-and-auctex-to-perform-forward-and-inverse-search

which allowed me to use inverse search with okular. I had to configure
ocular to use gnuclient but then it worked.
What does not work is forward search

But it seems also not to work from the command line. So it might be an
okular bug

okular --unique <file>.pdf#src:<line number>/path/to/file.tex

As in
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/116633/forward-search-in-emacs-for-okular-not-working

Did not work. Okular always openes the first page of the pdf document

I also tried out again synctex with pdf
synctex view -i 10:1:file.tex -o file.pdf

As described in

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex/2009-04/msg00038.html

And it did not work.

So can somebody please tell me how to use inverse and forward search
with either

    -  xpdf

    -  evidence

    -  okular?