Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Implementing TeX-previous-error

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Implementing TeX-previous-error
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 20:26:04 +0200

> Here we go!  Attached you can find the patch implementing the error overview.
>
> Some notes.  This requires tabulated list mode and multi frame support
> because the error overview is opened in a new dedicated frame.  I had
> no time to look for a way to have an overview in non-graphic displays,
> but this shouldn't be too hard to implement.  To open the overview
> issue `M-x TeX-error-overview' (no key binding for the time being,
> also because there are few C-c C-<letter> still available), but if you
> want to automatically open the overview after running a TeX command
> set the option `TeX-error-overview-open-
after-TeX-run' to non-nil
> (this is off by default in my patch, but I have no strong opinion for
> the default value).
>
> Comments? :-)

Hopefully, last version of the patch.  I implemented also error
overview in the same frame of the TeX buffer.  Some days ago I had to
install the major change I mentioned in my previous message in this
thread, because I noticed it would have fixed a bug I introduced
previously.

It seems this feature has some supporters:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/q/185819/31416