Re: [AUCTeX-devel] auctex pkg uptodate?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] auctex pkg uptodate?
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 10:12:00 +0200

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mosè,

>> It would be very, very, very valuable if someone with better makefile
>> foo than me would restructure the AUCTeX Git repo according to the
>> restrictions of the ELPA machinery, so that if fact the auctex ELPA
>> branch and the official AUCTeX git head were the same.
>
> what is needed?  Couldn't we reproduce the ELPA tree structure with
> their Makefiles, if they are different from ours?

In ELPA, there are no Makefiles at all.  Simply, every el file is
byte-compiled, and I think that's about it.  It currently also cannot
compile info docs, so we'd need to check them in, too.

But aside from that: the current ELPA structure is what we'd need to
have.  I think, the most important change is that all lisp files (except
the styles which are loaded by auctex itself and not required) have to
be top-level.  So basically, preview needs to be pulled one level up.
Which means that its own Makefile needs to me merged with the top-level
Makefile.