Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Simple patch to add cref support

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Simple patch to add cref support
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 13:02:43 +0200

> Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Matthew,
>
> Hi Mosè,
>
> Thanks for the reply.

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I noticed that when using the cref macro with AUCTeX, LaTeX labels
>>> aren't completed.  This simple patch adds support for label completion
>>> when using the cref and Cref macros.
>>
>> Thanks for your contribution, but the cref macros are provided by the
>> cleveref package, thus we need a new cleveref style file. I'd prefer
>> not to insert those macros in latex.el.
>
> Ah. Thanks for the pointer, I shall look into how to write a style file.

You can take a look at this section of the AUCTeX manual:
https://gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#Style-Files or at
the dozens of style files shipped with AUCTeX.

>>> I would like to develop this
>>> further to add support in TeX-arg-label to read in lists of references.
>>> Does that sounds reasonable?
>>
>> Of course any contribution is welcome :-) One small comment: I'd keep
>> the default behavior of `TeX-arg-label' as it is now, since the
>> default \ref doesn't accept multiple labels.  The completion for
>> multiple labels should be activated by an appropriate argument, or
>> done by a new function (`TeX-arg-multiple-labels'?).
>
> Agreed, I shall create a new function for processing a list of labels.
>

>> If you want to propose non trivial patches, you have to be willing to
>> license them under GPL and assign the copyright to the FSF.
>
> I do have copyright assignment already in place for GNU Emacs, does that
> count for AUCTeX or would I need to sign new papers?

The copyright assignment for GNU Emacs should suffice, but I cannot
find your name (Matt/Matthew Leach) in the list.  When did you sign
the paper?