Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [AUCTeX] new release?

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [AUCTeX] new release?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 21:20:40 +0100

Hi list,

we haven't forget the plan to release a new version of AUCTeX, it just
turned out there are some minor non-user-visible issues about the
version variables in the preview package.

In particular, the variables `preview-version' and
`preview-release-date' rely on CVS tags, but we don't use CVS anymore,
but it is easy to fix as shown in the attached (non complete, for
brevity) patch.  The problem is the source of
preview/latex/preview.dtx: date and version rely, again, on CVS tags,
see lines 439-450 of the current source code.  They should be replaced
by the values of the variables PREVIEWDATE and PREVIEWVERSION, set by
automake, and are of the form "2014-06-24" and "11.88", the former for
both PREVIEWDATE and PREVIEWVERSION, and the latter for PREVIEWVERSION
when the last change is a regular release.  My question is: how should
preview/latex/preview.dtx be accommodated to work with such strings?

Thanks,