[AUCTeX-devel] progress (was: GNU emacs: 24.4.1 auctex 11.88: installati

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] progress (was: GNU emacs: 24.4.1 auctex 11.88: installation problem: style files)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 17:41:51 +0100

> Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> When all else fails, read the instructions.  I quote from INSTALL:

The following commands seems to lead to a working auctex installation.
./configure --with-emacs=/opt/emacs24/bin/emacs
--prefix=/home/oub/ALLES/
--with-lispdir=/home/oub/emacs/site-lisp/packages/auctex-11.88
--without-texmf-dir
then running
make
and
make install

and setting the relevant paths.

However I figured out that the file which I was editing and was causing
me all this trouble is not really a file of the beamer class but of the
bidibeamer class, which allows via xelatex to use hebrew.[1]

The issue is that bidibeamer uses the same commands as does beamer,
however auctex does not recognize bidibeamer as beamer.

What would be the easiest way to recognize  bidibeamer as a beamer
document?

Footnotes:
[1]  I confused this with another file, which also allows to use hebrew
in beamer, without a new class, but the result was not as good.