Re: [AUCTeX-devel] progress

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] progress
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:20:57 +0100

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>> No, unless you've configured `TeX-arg-input-file' to nil.  And even
>> then, the only difference will be that bidibeamer will be offered by
>> `C-c C-e document RET'.  The style file will be run regardless of that
>> variable.
>
> Ok you meant to add this
>
> TeX-add-style-hook into the LaTeX-mode hook, right?
> I misundertood this at first, but now it works, thanks.

Hard to misunderstand things that have never been said.  With your
approach, you'll get completions even for documents that don't use
beamer at all.  Which is why Tassilo wrote:

    If bidibeamer is the same as beamer (at least from a user's POV),
    then a bidibeamer.el style file like

    (TeX-add-style-hook
     "bidibeamer"
     (lambda () (TeX-run-style-hooks "beamer"))
     LaTeX-dialect)

    should do the trick.

I repeat: "a bidibeamer.el style file".

You really should only start improvising things after you've exhausted
the instructions and are quite sure there is nothing relevant left in
them that you overlooked.

--
David Kastrup