Re: [AUCTeX-devel] «global.sty» include, master, subfiles

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] «global.sty» include, master, subfiles
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 18:19:56 +0100

   > Hi Uwe,

   > I reply for this problem: AUCTeX searches for style files in the
   > directories listed in `TeX-style-path'.  Actually, this list is built
   > from other lists (see its documentation for details), of which you may
   > be interested in `TeX-style-private'.  Thus, you can either put (or
   > link) your style file in one of the paths listed there or add the path
   > of the style file to `TeX-style-private'.

Thanks, but to be more precise:

Suppose my new.sty file just contains statements like this:

\usepackage{amsmath,amsthm}
\usepackage{graphics,graphicx}

Then I just create a file

(TeX-add-style-hook
 "new"
 (lambda ()
   (TeX-run-style-hooks "graphics")
   (TeX-run-style-hooks "graphicx")
   (TeX-run-style-hooks "amsthm")
   (TeX-run-style-hooks "amsmath"))
 LaTeX-dialect)

and add it where my private lisp style files dwell?

But then on a second look: the file new.sty sits in a directory which
contains a auto subdirectory, in which dwells a file, new.el which seems
to do what the above I just proposed. So all I have to do is add this
directory

/home/oub/tex/sty/auto

To my TeX-style-private list and I am done, is this correct?!

thanks

Uwe