Re: [AUCTeX-devel] new style files: bidi

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] new style files: bidi
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 20:13:08 +0100

>    > Hi Uwe,
>    > 2015-03-08 19:27 GMT+01:00 Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>:
>
>    > Thank you, every contributions, even small ones, are welcome ;-)
>

>    > There is more to be changed than adding a single new file: we must
>    > edit also Makefile.in, so a patch is more useful in this case.  Before
>
> Ok, that will take me some time, since right now I cannot download the
> git release. So maybe in some days.

Ok, no rush.

>    > submitting a significant contribution, you have to assign the
>    > copyright to the Free Software Foundation, as AUCTeX is a GNU project,
>    > and be aware your contributions will be released under the terms of
>    > the GPLv3.  If you accept these conditions I can tell you how to start
>    > the process.
>
> I have no problem with that, auctex has been such an essential tool for
> me that I would be delighted to pay a bit back.

Fill this form

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future

and follow the instructions in the header.

> However the only thing I
> try to avoid is to send an smail to the United States with the copyright
> assignment. I hope a scanned pdf and an email would  be enough.

Contributors located in the USA or Germany can send a scanned copy of
the signed paper, otherwise a smail is required.  If you fall in this
category make it clear to the copyright clerk.