Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [culprit]

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [culprit]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:08:24 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

> Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> `pushnew' is not aliased to `cl-pushnew' if `cl' library isn't loaded.
>> When I open an AUCTeX buffer I get
>>
>>     File mode specification error: (void-function pushnew)
>>
>> Should we defalias if not already defined?
>
> Why is that needed?  As far as I can see, all files that use `pushnew'
> do (eval-when-compile (require 'cl))

I know, but I get the error reported above whenever I open an AUCTeX
buffer, this happens since your commit.

> and since `pushnew' is a macro,
> there shouldn't be any reference to in the compiled code anymore.

In my byte-compiled tex.elc I have, at line 352,

    (lambda (file) (when file (pushnew file path)))

Actually this is the only reference to `pushnew' even if it's used
elsewhere in tex.el.  Is there something wrong on my side?