Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Fontification in verb-env's with argument

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Fontification in verb-env's with argument
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 15:52:06 +0200

Hi Arash,

> Mosè Giordano <mose <at> gnu.org> writes:
>
> Hi Mosè,
>
>> Could you please show what you see?  I'm attaching a screenshot of my
>> Emacs: `pascal' environment is not fontified at all.  I don't think
>> it's strange since it seems listings style file does nothing special
>> for new listing environments.
>
> Thanks for looking at this and my apologies, I missed to mention that I have
> a modified `listings.el' here.  My version is attached below.  It parses new
> env's.  Could you give it a roll?

I don't have right now the time to review this change, but I think
your problem is related to the bugs these two commits fixed:

    * 32fc9bd  Fix fontification of optional argument to verbatim environments.
    * e515ecd  Font-lock fix for verbatim environment args.

We added support for a single mandatory (and/or an optional) argument,
instead you need two mandatory arguments.  In order to fix the bug we
should replace "?" with "*" after the mandatory argument group.