Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Minor bug and a few other things

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Minor bug and a few other things
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 00:42:59 +0200

On 2015-04-30, at 09:50, Lars Madsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> wouldn't the best thing be the predefine "known" pairs of delimiters. That
> should make it a lot easier to get the correct nesting level.
>
> I have a construction to handle scalers plus () and [] (it is using sexp to
> find the matching end brace). I'd like to see something more general such
> that a key stroke can search forward from the current position locate the
> first "left left" and mark the corresponding "right fence" and ask for which
> type of scaling.
>
> That might be a better starting point than attempting to cover every scaler +
> fence combo known. Some are frequently used, others not so much.

Maybe, maybe not.  As I wrote a moment ago, the general solution is
almost ready.  The only problem with it is that it is slow - OTOH,
I made virtually no attempts at optimization, and it /is/ extremely
inefficient - for instance, it calculates the same thing repeatedly
during many operations.  This is the price I paid for more or less
readable code, with some decent level of abstraction.  I wanted to have
something working first and only then optimize;-).

> /Lars Madsen
> Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
> Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University
> Mere info: http://au.dk/address@hidden / More information:
> http://au.dk/en/address@hidden

Best,