Re: [AUCTeX-devel] problem with formatting and marking in auctex 11.88

From: Artemio González López
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] problem with formatting and marking in auctex 11.88
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 18:27:10 +0200

Ikumi,

Thanks a lot for your reply! As Tassilo pointed out earlier, the real problem
here is that I am sticking to a very old version of Emacs. The reasons for
doing this are basically two:

1) Since I often write in Spanish, where we have all sorts of accents, I use
x-symbol to be able to see the “filter” the accented characters, so that I see
them on screen but they are saved to file as \’a, etc. Unfortunately, I haven’t
been able to make x-symbol work with Emacs 23 and higher.

2) I have a fairly involved .emacs file, full of customizations (for example, I
want my pdf files to open in Skim, I also want to use Skim for forward/backward
searching, etc.). Unfortunately, many of the customizations I introduced don’t
work with newer Emacsen, and I don’t have too much time to debug the .emacs
file and clean it up. This is, of course, my fault. On the other hand, if
somebody told me how to make x-symbol load under Emacs 24 (or what could I use
to replace its functionality) I would probably try to switch!

Thanks again everybodu,

Artemio

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez
address@hidden