[AUCTeX-devel] problems with Xemacs 21.4.22 Mule on Mac, xdvi

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] problems with Xemacs 21.4.22 Mule on Mac, xdvi
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 08:41:01 +0200

Hello

Although I use Linux most of the time (with Xemacs 21.5.34 and auctex
11.83 without problems), I found the following problem
when I used Xemacs 21.4.22 Mule on Mac OS Yosmite. Xemacs 21.4.22 is
shipped by port (Xcode installed) so upgrading to 21.5.34 means
compiling which turned out a bit difficult. Here are the problems
concerning 21.4.22:

    -  xdvi does not dwell in /usr/bin/xdvi as expected but in
      /usr/texbin/xdvi, where auctex does not find it.

    - I could set either a symbolic link of xdvi or customize the
      Tex command list.

    - When I do the later I don't know how to make forward and
      backward search to work.

    - When I try to customize (customize-option
      'TeX-view-program-list) I obtain an error I will report in
      a bug report next mail.

Any comments so far?

regards

Uwe Brauer