Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-next-error pdflatex and latex

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-next-error pdflatex and latex
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:26:21 +0200

Hi Uwe,

>>> "Mos" == Mos  <Mos> writes:
>
>    > Hi Uwe,
>    > 2015-06-14 22:05 GMT+02:00 Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>:
>    >>
>    >> Hello
>    >>
>    >> Why does TeX-next-error work so much better with simple latex than it
>    >> does with pdflatex?
>
>    > Could you please explain in which way `TeX-next-error' works better
>    > with latex than with pdflatex?  I use pdflatex and I've never seen
>    > anything "wrong".
>
> Ok, here are several examples. The first file does not cause any
> problems, TeX-next-error jumps in pdflatex and in latex to the place
> where the error is located.
>
> The second file which contains much more package behaves differently,
> the log correctly reports the error but TeX-next-error jumps to a file
> in /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/sup-pdf.mkii

Ok, now I understand.  The problem with
/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/sup-pdf.mkii happens from time to
time also to me on GNU Emacs (I didn't understand you were referring
to it) and it has to do with error log parsing.  Tassilo tried to
address this problem in his simplify-TeX-parse-error branch of the
AUCTeX repository.  Last time I checked it out it did fix some of the
problems.  You may want to give it a look.