Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-next-error pdflatex and latex

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-next-error pdflatex and latex
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:18:54 +0200

>> "Mos" == Mos  <Mos> writes:

   > Hi Uwe,
   >>
   >> Hello
   >>
   >> Why does TeX-next-error work so much better with simple latex than it
   >> does with pdflatex?

   > Could you please explain in which way `TeX-next-error' works better
   > with latex than with pdflatex?  I use pdflatex and I've never seen
   > anything "wrong".

Ok, here are several examples. The first file does not cause any
problems, TeX-next-error jumps in pdflatex and in latex to the place
where the error is located.

The second file which contains much more package behaves differently,
the log correctly reports the error but TeX-next-error jumps to a file
in /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/sup-pdf.mkii

I have attached the log and mikii file.

Alas I have to report that this problems seems not to occur in GNU emacs
24 only in Xemacs 21.5.34.

Uwe