Re: [AUCTeX-devel] latex-mode or context-mode in startup

From: Carlos
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] latex-mode or context-mode in startup
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 16:52:40 -0400

> Hi Carlos,
>
> AUCTeX expects the input file to have an extension.  Try setting
> `TeX-default-extension' to the empty string and change the last three
> lines of the definition of `TeX-master-file' to
>
> (if (null (zerop (length extension)))
>       (concat name "." extension)
>     name))))
>
> This should make it possible to work even with a file without extension.
>
> Bye,
> Mosè
>Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

Gracias Mosè.

So the solution was in to replace

   (if extension

with

    (if (null (zerop (length extension)))

and change the string in `TeX-master-file` to an empty one.

And though it works and thank you, is the change of
TeX-default-extension to "" ...that made me realize that the idea to
have an input file without and with an extension, entails to also have
a TeX-nondefault-extension.

I have to be honest with you, after looking at that amount of code over
to have a "." (default) and the possibility to have a " " (nondefault)
is just perhaps more impractical than I thought, it was going to be.

And this is just over a string. A simple, almost inoffensive at first glance
string. hehe, that's funny.

Take care Mosè.