Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Implementing TeX-update

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Implementing TeX-update
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 10:13:03 +0200

Hi Tassilo,

>>> Uhm, good point but I really don't know which option to choose: for
>>> me `TeX-command-compile-all' and `TeX-command-run-all' are equally
>>> good.
>
> So now I've renamed TeX-update to TeX-command-run-all and bound it to
> C-c C-a.  The reason I didn't come up with "run all" in the first place
> is that all TeX-run-* functions are internal workers, not commands.
> Well, but `TeX-command-run-all' is fine of course.

Thanks!

> Glad we have that now.  Then I'll do the region/section stuff ASAP, Mosè
> does the Index suggestion, and then we can have a new shiny release

Cool!

> (after a bit of testing)!  I think we have accumulated more than enough
> additions, fixes, and new features to think about that.

Regarding testing.  I think `LaTeX-command-run-all-section' should
check if it's on a LaTeX document, for example in a plain tex document
it currently throws the error

    LaTeX-command-run-all-section: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil

In addition, in this simple document

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\section{one}
\label{sec:one}
hey there
\section{two}
\label{sec:two}
-!-foo
\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

with point at -!- if I run C-u C-u C-c C-a compilation fails because
_region_.tex doesn't exist, and when compiling with C-c C-z the
content of the section (-!-foo) isn't included in the final output.