Re: [AUCTeX-devel] more x-symbol features?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] more x-symbol features?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 11:58:28 +0200

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > You normally don't include png files when you care about the quality of
   > your output.  So usually, the graphic files are EPS or PDF.  Ok, these
   > could be converted to PNG in order to show them inline.  But a harder
   > problem is that you don't need to (and usually don't) specify the path

Right, I thought that either the graphic files are in the same directory
or in a directory which you set, via the local variables, something like

%%% eval: (add-to-list (make-local-variable 'auctex-image-searchpath)
"/home/oub/tex/sty/fig")

   > and file extension with \includegraphics but you can set that with
   > \graphicspath and \DeclareGraphicsExtensions which are all _lists_.  So
   > we'd need to implement the very same search algorithm as the graphicx
   > package in order to show the right image.  Well, and we would need to
   > implement all the rotate, scale, viewport, and whatnot options.

   > That's too much work given that preview already solves that just fine.

Ok fair enough thanks anyhow for implementing the prettify-symbol-mode
stuff!!!

   > And I'm not in favour of implementing a half-way solution which kinda
   > works in the simple cases and fails as soon as some options or configs
   > are involved.

   > Mark the region, `M-x iso-tex2iso RET', done!

Not sure that this will give the same result, will test however

Uwe