[AUCTeX-devel] modify or amplify tex--prettify-symbols-alist

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] modify or amplify tex--prettify-symbols-alist
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 09:46:54 +0200

Hi

I have tons of latex documents with the following alias:

\newcommand{\setR}{{\mathord{\mathbb R}}}

The reason is that in X-symbol-mode, for reason unknown to me, decided
only to display \setR by a symbol, but not the original AMS {\mathbb R}.

I know I could write a lisp function which would replace back and
forwards between these two commands, I say back and forward because I
might use GNU Emacs and Xemacs for some time together.

In any case I got curious and thought of either appending  the new
commands as symbols to
 tex--prettify-symbols-alist

Like

 (add-to-list 'tex--prettify-symbols-alist
          '(("\\setN" . ?ℕ)
            ("\\setP" . ?ℙ)
            ("\\setR" . ?ℝ)
            ("\\setZ" . ?ℤ)))

Or just modifying the list itself and explicitly adding this symbols.

In both cases it did not work, prettify mode did not even display the
symbols.

So the question is simply that

I cannot have

    and
                ("\\setR" . ?ℝ)

In the same list? So a list is really one-to-one?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer