Re: [AUCTeX-devel] off-topic:html messages

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] off-topic:html messages
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 17:57:03 +0200

Hi Tassilo

> Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi Uwe,

>> I am sorry for having sent html email before, I hope my
>> thunderbird/seamonkey configuration is now set correctly.

> If you had used thunderbird/seamonkey for this mail, I could have told
> you. ;-)

Well this morning I had to sent emails using thunderbird/seamonkey which
was set to html, so I thought you meant those.

>> There is one issue out of curiousity: I looked in my gmail sent folder
>> into the message in question.  However when I used reply I had none of
>> the problems Tassilo, who also uses gnus, talked about.

> Just to get it right: did you look at messages of yours where you had
> replied to someone else and quoted parts of his text?

Yes! But what are we talking about? The fact that I use, in some mail,
supercite and may use the prefix "      >" or even "   tassilo>"

Or html mails?

>> mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m

> I guess that's the main difference.  I use the default value which is
> `shr' nowadays, i.e., the builtin elisp HTML rendered which doesn't
> fail with the sort of quoting thunderbird/seamonkey does for HTML mail.
> Maybe thunderbird/seamonkey uses CSS to indent quoted text more, and shr
> doesn't do CSS.

Well there is also the following:

(setq mm-text-html-renderer 'gnus-article-html)

Which is included in gnus and is also better than shr concerning the
issue of CSS.