Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Check engines before running LaTeX

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Check engines before running LaTeX
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 18:15:12 +0200

Hi Tassilo,

> Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> By the way, I once wrote down a style file for polyglossia, I should
>>> review and update it one day.
>>
>> polyglossia style file is now included in AUCTeX.  What we need now
>> are style files for each languages, much like those for babel, and
>> they should be named gloss-<language>.el.
>
> Nice!  Could you provide one such style for Italian so that we have a
> reference on what such a language style needs to provide?  Then it's
> easier and more likely that others contribute other language styles.

I've been too enthusiastic about my polyglossia style file.  It had a
minor bug (a missing * in a regexp), but the major problem is that it
doesn't load automatically language style files.  This has probably to
do with when cleanup function is run, I'll try to inspect later today
or tomorrow.

Anyway I wrote a simple Italian style file for polyglossia.  It
essentially defines "\textitalian" macro and "italian" environment
(this is described in TODO section of polyglossia.el).  This should be
done for all languages.  In addition, polyglossia manual describes
only babelshorthands, like babel, so I took them from italian.el style
file.  These are active only when "babelshorthands=true" option has
been set for that language, either with \setkeys or
\set{main,other}language.  For other languages one should do what
polyglossia manual says, if necessary.

For the language specific hook I used the same name of italian.el, so
users don't have to define new hooks.  babel and polyglossia are
incompatible, so there should be no problem.