Re: [AUCTeX-devel] warning in the latest git

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] warning in the latest git
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 07:40:06 +0200

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> When I try out the latest git, when opening a latex file I obtain
>
> emacs/site-lisp/packages/auctex-git/auctex/latex.elc:Warning: looking-back
>     called with 1 argument, but requires 2-3
>
> I presume this is harmless?

Yes, it is.

  (looking-back ")") ;=> t

That's a change in emacs 25.1 where the function is still defined as

  (looking-back REGEXP &optional LIMIT GREEDY)

but the advertised calling convention is

  (looking-back REGEXP LIMIT &optional GREEDY)

That said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to provide a LIMIT at the calls
anyway.