Re: [AUCTeX-devel] build of xemacs pkg fails for

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] build of xemacs pkg fails for
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 15:17:20 +0200

Hi Uwe,

> Hello
>
> I just wanted to see whether I could built an unoffical xemacs with
> git.[1]
>
> I did this successfully in the past following the following steps:
>
> Say in ~/xemacs/site-list-packages/src I do
>
> git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/auctex.git
>
> cd auctex
>
> ./autogen.sh
>
> git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/auctex.git
>

> mv auctex auctex-11.88-git
>
>  cd auctex-11.88-git
>
> ./autogen.sh
>
> cd ..
>

> ./configure --with-xemacs=/usr/local/bin/xemacs
> --with-packagedir=~/.xemacs/xemacs-packages
>
> make
>
> make xemacs-package FTPDIR=~/tmp TAG=11.88-git

xemacs-package rule hasn't really been thought to be used with a
non-tagged commit, I think it's easier to create a package by making a
fake release-commit instead of cloning twice the repository.  BTW, why
don't you just copy the directory instead of pulling the remote
repository again?

> However I obtained the following error message
>
> xemacs exiting.
> Opening input file: "No such file or directory",
> "/home/oub/xemacs/site-lisp/packages/src/auctex/xemacs-build/auto.el"make[2]:
> *** [install-metadata] Error 255
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/oub/ALLES/xemacs/site-lisp/packages/src/auctex/xemacs-build'
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/oub/ALLES/xemacs/site-lisp/packages/src/auctex/xemacs-build'
> make: *** [xemacs-package] Error 2
>
> Do I miss something?

Also when creating a fake release-commit I can confirm your error,
which isn't issued when creating the package for release 11.88.  I'll
need some time to debug this, probably a week, unless someone else
finds the culprit before me :-)