[AUCTeX-devel] Label prefix for customized environments

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Label prefix for customized environments
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 19:51:29 +0200

Hi all,

I have written a style for `newfloat.sty' (see attached) where I want to
associate new env's with the respective label prefix.  My understandig
is that this done via `LaTeX-label-alist'.  So I add new env's to this
variable with the `LaTeX-newfloat-auto-cleanup' function.  When I load a
tex file like below, I still get the `sec:' prefix for a figure-like
env.  Any hint?

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{newfloat}

\DeclareFloatingEnvironment[
  name=Code,
  listname={List of Codes},
  fileext=lol]{code}  %  {verbatim}

\DeclareFloatingEnvironment[name=Figures]{myfig} % {figure}

\begin{document}
Hit `C-c C-n' and the `C-c C-e', choose `myfig' and proceed to
`label' which has `sec:' as prefix:
\begin{myfig}[tbp]
  \centering
  Foo
  \caption{caption}
  \label{sec:foo}
\end{myfig}

\begin{code}
\begin{myfig}[tbp]
  \centering
  Foo
  \caption{caption}
  \label{sec:foo}
\end{myfig}
\end{code}
\end{document}

Any other comment to the code is always welcome.

Best, Arash