Re: [AUCTeX-devel] amsmath, amsthm automatially insert thm, lemma etc

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] amsmath, amsthm automatially insert thm, lemma etc
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:14:49 +0300

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
   > Hi Uwe,

   > amsmath or amsthm do not provide a thm environment, at least not in the
   > version v2.20.2 which is provided by TeXLive 2015.

   > \documentclass{article}
   > \usepackage{amsthm}

   > \begin{document}

   > % ERROR: LaTeX Error: Environment thm undefined.
   > \begin{thm}
   >   This is a theorem.
   > \end{thm}

   > \end{document}

   > But when I define a new theorem environment, that will show up in `C-c
   > C-e'.

   > \documentclass{article}
   > \usepackage{amsthm}
   > \newtheorem{mythm}{My cool Theorem} %% \newtheorem shows up in C-c RET

This is correct, however I use the subfiles packages and all the cool
theorems are defined in a master file main.tex.
But I cannot use the usual way of setting a master file for this package
auctex turns crazy. So auctex does not know about these theorems.

Explanation

If I set

,----
| \documentclass[main.tex]{subfiles}
| \begin{document}
|
| \subsection{The nonlinear estimate}
| \label{sec:nonlinear-estimate}
|

| \end{document}
|
| %%% Local Variables:
| %%% mode: latex
| %%% TeX-master: "main"
| %%% End:
`----

Then running latex on that file leads to unexpected results, but maybe
that is more a question of subfiles than of auctex.

Uwe