[AUCTeX-devel] VirTeX-common-initialization in texinfo-mode

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] VirTeX-common-initialization in texinfo-mode
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 01:39:35 +0100

Dear all,

does someone know why `TeX-texinfo-mode' doesn't run
`VirTeX-common-initialization'?  Maybe because in the latter there are
some settings incompatible with texinfo needs?  Indeed some variables
are set to nil in one function and to non-nil in the other one and
vice-versa, but I don't see any harm in using it anyway.  Or maybe it
is just because the code is outdated?  I just removed some
compatibility codes with Emacsen of the last millennium.

The most annoying thing in texinfo-mode is that `TeX-output-extension'
is not set.  In order to fix this I put

    (setq TeX-output-extension (if TeX-PDF-mode "pdf" "dvi"))

at the beginning of `TeX-texinfo-mode', but I wonder why
`VirTeX-common-initialization' is not used.