Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Drop ChangeLog

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Drop ChangeLog
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 00:50:45 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

>> I also officially dropped the ChangeLog!
>
> For those of us for who "make <anything>" and "./configure" stopped
> working because those expect a ChangeLog, just copy ChangeLog.1 to
> ChangeLog, "make distclean", and autogen/configure/make anew.

Oops, indeed I compiled AUCTeX a couple of times after having removed
the ChangeLog, but then I also played a bit with gitlog-to-changelog,
so I indeed had a ChangeLog file in my working directory and I
couldn't notice the problem.  I should have fixed it now, at least

    ./autogen.sh&&./configure --without-texmf-dir&&make

finishes flawless.  There may be some more quirks, for example I don't
think the AUCTeX date is actually right since ChangeLog.1 is not
up-to-date (we should think about to address this problem, I don't
think using git is an option because people can also download
snapshots) and we need to make sure the ChangeLog will be included in
the release tar ball, but we can fix them later ;-)

Thanks,