Re: [AUCTeX-devel] save-excursion and Emacs 25

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] save-excursion and Emacs 25
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:07:20 +0000

>>> "Mosè" == Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

   > Dear Emacs 25 users,
   > I recently read in Marcin's blog that save-excursion's effect has been
   > changed in Emacs 25, so that now mark isn't preserved.  Of course we
   > use this form a lot, but I can't tell out of my head if there are
   > places where it's essential that mark is preserved.  Did you notice
   > some glitches when using AUCTeX due to this change?

The first thought I had was: this is connected with the
auto-capitalize-mode bug I once reported:
when auto-capitalize is turned on, C-u C-c C-e does change the
environment *incorrectly*

But then I checked it with GNU emacs 24 and the bug is there too.

BTW it seems that, strangely enough, nobody, besides me, uses
auto-capitalize-mode and therefore is  not affected..