Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Feature Request

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Feature Request
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 17:17:11 +0100

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mosè & Marcin,

>> I didn't implement exactly that right now but I slightly changed AUCTeX
>> error/warning parsing functionality.  So now you can do:
>>
>>   M-x TeX-toggle-debug-warnings ;; Toggle error debugging on
>>   C-c C-c LaTeX                 ;; Compile your document
>>   M-x TeX-error-overview        ;; View an overview of errors/warnings
>>
>> The latter will present you with a table-like buffer showing all errors
>> and warnings.  The warnings will also contain undefined references and
>> citations (see attached screenshot).  So basically, when you search for
>> "undefined" in that buffer, you'll easily find all undefined citation
>> and refs with clickable links bringing you to their definition.
>
> Wow, this is great!

Yeah, the result of 5 minutes of hard work for discovering that the
feature was basically already there (thanks to Mosè for the
error/warning overview!) except that we didn't capture the actual
warning message. ;-)

>> That will be in the next ELPA release.  Mosè, do you have any objections
>> on doing a new ELPA release?  AFAICS, there have been quite some patches
>> in the last few weeks or months.
>
> No objection, please go ahead!

Ok, I've prepared the release for 11.89.1.  It should be available on
ELPA within the next 24 hours.