Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Beginnings of TikZ support

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Beginnings of TikZ support
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 16:38:35 +0200

Hi Matt,

a few random comments.

The file lacks the footer.  To automatically insert it run M-x
checkdoc RET.  In addition, this function will suggest you some
changes to docstrings.  Apart from those referring to "_ignored"
arguments, most of them are valuable, please consider applying them.

I use a lot the syntaxes "(node) -- +(new-node)" and "(node) --
++(new-node)"  (see section 2.1 Specifying Coordinates of TikZ
manual), it'd be nice to have them as well :-)  Instead, I don't know
what "-+" is supposed to do, neither I can find in the manual.

In addition, regarding completion in `TeX-TikZ-get-arg-type' I'd make
it case-insensitive unless there is a good reason against doing so,
just let-bind `completion-ignore-case' to t.

I believe that the "official" name for the text next to nodes is
"label" (this is the name used throughout the manual, the name of the
option when you set the label in optional arguments, and if the label
is missing the error thrown is "A node must have a (possibly empty)
label text.") instead of "text".  I'd stick with usual TikZ
terminology.

Good job so far!