Re: [AUCTeX-devel] On TeX-newline

From: alex
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] On TeX-newline
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:26:58 -0400

Hi Mosè,

> electric-indent-mode came into Emacs only with version 24.1, AUCTeX
> supports Emacs down to version 21.1.

Ah, right. Though in this case I don't believe a solution would break
backwards compatibility. Switching `funcall` to `call-interactively`
would solve the main issue, which is the electric indentation.

> it's more comfortable to customize an option than to rebind a key
> for inexperienced users

I wouldn't say it's harder with pure elisp, but if one was only using
the customize interface then I'd agree. It looks like the manual
doesn't mention define-key for anything, so perhaps it's not worth
changing in that way.