Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Integrating support for some viewers

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Integrating support for some viewers
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 14:44:11 +0900

Hi Mosè,

> Even if the builtin viewer of another TeX editor were launched, I
> don't see how this can be useful to AUCTeX users.

Perhaps so.  The lines of TeXworks and TeXShop in tex-jp.el may be
redundant.  I won't object if you remove them.

> I thought that the builtin PDF viewer would have been used, but
> actually TeXworks segfaults on my system if I try to open a PDF file
> with it (probably it tries to open the PDF as it were a *TeX file).

FYI, on my Windows 10 machine with TeXLive 2015 installed, TeXworks
launches as pdf viewer when I tried setting TeX-view-program-selection
((output-dvi "dviout")
 (output-pdf "TeXworks"))
.

Bye,