[AUCTeX-devel] Future direction of TikZ style

From: Matthew Leach
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Future direction of TikZ style
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 20:44:28 +0100

Hi all,

I have a question regarding what to do next regarding the future of the
TikZ style.  The optional arguments that can be passed to TikZ commands
seem, to me, to be a very important feature.  My question is whether I
should look at implementing completion for the optional arguments to a
TikZ command?

For example, section 14.7 of the TikZ manual documents the 'arc'
command.  This command is practically useless without specifying some
"optional" parameters to the command and the list of parameters that
could be specified are documented in this section.  My question is: is
it too invasive for AUCTeX to be completing "optional" arguments to
commands/macros (since, AFAICT, I don't see it done anywhere else in
AUCTeX) or is this something I could look at implementing?

Thanks,
--
Matt