Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Choosing the default LaTeX environment to be inserted

From: Dirk Ullrich
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Choosing the default LaTeX environment to be inserted [Repost]
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 07:17:53 +0200

Hello Mosè,

> Hi Dirk,

[...]
> thanks for your contribution, looks good to me.  AUCTeX is GNU project
> and requires from contributors assignment of copyright to the FSF in
> order to install their patches into the official program.  There is an
> exception for changes long less than 15 lines and your patch is close
> to the edge of this limit (it adds or changes 15 lines), but I noticed
> that if you already contributed a patch for `TeX-current-line' back in
> 2000, assuming you are the same Dirk Ullrich:
>
>     * 78a2898 (2000-10-09)  Release_9.10s++
Yes, I am the same Dirk Ullrich.

> This is a very simple one-liner, but in addition to the current
> ~15-line patch this may exceed the limit.  So, if you're willing to
> release you contribution under terms of GPLv3, would you assign your
> copyright to FSF?  If so, please fill this form
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future
> and follow the instructions in the header
I've already sent an appropriate E-Mail to address@hidden
With my I former empoyer I had troubles to get permission for
copyright assignment, but with my current one it should be okay AFAIK.
Even now there are some more changes of my private AUXTeX version that
may be useful for others, too.
[...]
> If you use Magit to manage the repository, it's very easy to style
> ChangeLog-like commit messages: when you're writing to COMMIT_MSG move
> point to the place in magit-diff buffer that you want to describe and
> press C.  If you don't use Magit, have a look at "Generating ChangeLog
> entries" of
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=emacs.git;a=blob;f=CONTRIBUTE;hb=HEAD
Nice to know since I often use Magit to work with Git from within Emacs.

> Bye,
> Mosè

Thanks,
Dirk