[AUCTeX-devel] confusion about phi varphi, latex, input-method TeX, pret

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] confusion about phi varphi, latex, input-method TeX, prettifying
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:20:38 +0000

Hello

It seems to me mostly a question for GNU emacs, but I put the
auctex-devel list on the CC just in case.

When I compile a LaTeX document which contains.

$\phi \varphi$

The pdf file presents these symbols as  (screenshot attached)
 ϕ φ

But when I use prettifying \varphi is not displayed and \phi is
displayed as if it were \varphi

On top of that when use set-input-method TeX

And

\phi --> φ

\varphi --> ϕ

So it seems to me, latex is right input-method is wrong and prettifying
as well.

Any comments