Re: [AUCTeX-devel] my patch? Examn (bidi in preparation)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] my patch? Examn (bidi in preparation)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 18:48:52 +0200

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>    > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>    > Yes, it is a nuisance.  As a rule, you (as well as the responsible
>    > maintainer) will receive a scan with the signature of an FSF
>    > representative on it: the copyright assignment is a contract with
>    > requirements for both parties.
>
>    > Sometimes stuff goes wrong or delays occur, not always readily
>    > explainable.
>
> Sorry to nag, but you seem a person to be sufficiently high «placed» in the
> GNU/FSF hierarchy either to judge or to give advice.

Hm?  I am not a member of the FSF at all.

> Yesterday I wrote again the FSF clerk, Donald R. Robertson III,
> complaining his missing reaction when I sent him the FSF copyright
> papers, the 8th of August, however he still did not answer, do you
> know how to proceed?

Wait some more days.  For one thing: if you wrote yesterday, yesterday
was Sunday.  Which is not a work day even in the U.S. (and Donald is an
actual employee).  And Monday is not half over in the U.S. since there
is a timezone difference.  And if he is not paid for mostly idling,
he'll be working off a task queue.

--
David Kastrup