Re: [AUCTeX-devel] pretty patch

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] pretty patch
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 18:56:36 +0200

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> To be applied by
>
> git am --patch-format=hg pretty-new.patch
>
> I could not resist adding the following
>
> XEmacs user should either switch to GNU Emacs 25 or use the x-symbol
> package which provides a similar feature.
>
> Although auctex is a GNU package it provides still some support for
> Xemacs, so the documentation should reflect that at least with one
> sentence.

We document the XEmacs-specific support in AUCTeX (basically, how to use
AUCTeX's scripts to create an XEmacs package and that XEmacs-distributed
packages are usually activated automatically when installed via the
package system).  I don't think that AUCTeX documentation is the place
to suggest switching to Emacs.  Nor should we specifically recommend the
use of unmaintained packages like X-Symbol.

--
David Kastrup