Re: [AUCTeX-devel] modified

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] modified
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 09:27:38 +0000

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
   > Hi Uwe,

   > Yes, probably.  So use @code{^} and @code{_} which will probably work.

I did this, but the problem was font-latex-fontify-script{} which I
changed to  @code{font-latex-fontify-script}. Compilation works now,

   > You are right.

   > Well, `fill-paragraph' deletes the double spaces if
   > `sentence-end-double-space' is set to nil which apparently you seem to
   > have.  So set it to t just for the time you edit the auctex.texi file.

but I still have a filling problem, which I want to solve to avoid
future problems.  I changed my setting `sentence-end-double-space' is
now t.

But take.

In addition you can configure Emacs so that the @code{^} and @code{_} in
sub and superscripts are not displayed. To enable that feature you have
to set the variable @code{font-latex-fontify-script} to ‘invisible’.

So there is *no* double space between after «displayed.»

I use fill-paragraph and no double space is added.!

Now worse, I add a double space and set sentence-end-double-space to
nil, now fill-paragraph will delete the double space, which is what
happened. So there seems no easy way to turn back.

That is a paragraph with double space sentence ending will be refilled
and the double space is deleted if   sentence-end-double-space is nil,
but if sentence-end-double-space is t, the paragraph-fill function will
not add an additional space.

Is there anyway to have such a feature?

Uwe