Re: [AUCTeX-devel] bidi patch

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] bidi patch
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 08:55:01 +0000

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > I guess there's a better way than to clone the repository again.  See
   > for example:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1725607/can-i-squash-commits-in-mercurial

Yes I know that. It is just rebasing makes me feel uneasy.

   > Indeed, I just verified that using your older pretty2.patch.  Maybe it
   > only applies the first patch in the mail.  But on the other hand, that
   > patch contained a hunk that changed the same section the other patch in
   > the mail created.  So in theory that should have failed then.  So it
   > seems it applies all patches as one single commit and takes just the
   > message from the top-most patch.

Something is odd there, when exporting various changesets the git-hg
plugin does strange things. As I said hg import works as expected but
not  git am --patch-format=hg.
Worse the commit message is odd. So I will try the rebase command and if
that fails to use git :'(