Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Extending xparse.el to parse argument specification

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Extending xparse.el to parse argument specification
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 22:30:00 +0200

Hi Arash,

> Hi all,
>
> I was thinking about how to extend xparse.el in order to parse argument
> specs (which can be quite complicated) and now have a working setup --
> diff and patched xparse.el are attached.

Wow, this is a great news, parsing macros created with xparse has
always been in my wishlist, but I've never found the time (or the
boldness) to actually undertake the task!

> Main work is done by
> `LaTeX-xparse-macro-parse'.  I don't have much experience with this kind
> of parsing within Emacs.  Question: Is this kind of implementation
> robust enough or are there better ways to do the job?

I couldn't look closely to the patch, but looking to your past
contributions I'm confident you did a good job :-)

My understanding is that \DeclareDocumentCommand syntax can be fairly
wild, I'm not sure Emacs can always get it right.  I'll check out your
contribution when I'll find some time (I hope in one or two weeks, I'm
pretty busy lately), if your style file works in most common cases I
think we can include it in AUCTeX.