Re: [AUCTeX-devel] subfiles, private macros, scan the master file

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] subfiles, private macros, scan the master file
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 13:36:09 +0000

   > Hi Uwe,

   > Sorry, I don't know the subfiles class, so I don't completely
   > understand what you're asking.  You would like to run the Emacs style
   > file associated to "main.tex" but not make "main.tex" the
   > `TeX-master'?  This is possible with a subfiles style files which
   > takes care of running "main.tex"'s hook (the name of the file is
   > available in `LaTeX-provided-class-options' variable).

I started to work on it, but which hook you want me to run

TeX-run-style-hooks?

Or run-hooks? BTW german.el in style (and other style as well) has a
line which puzzles me.
(run-hooks 'TeX-language-de-hook))

But TeX-language-de-hook seems not to be defined.

Be it as it may I can determine the name of file I want to scan using

    (let ((subfile-master (car (cdr (car LaTeX-provided-class-options)))))

But I am not sure whether this is this the right thing or it should be

    (let ((subfile-master (file-name-sans-extension (car (cdr (car
LaTeX-provided-class-options))))))

Uwe