Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Found a bug in subfigure.el

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Found a bug in subfigure.el
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 17:25:41 +0100

Hi Robert,

> This is from the version of AuCTeX I got with Aquamacs, so maybe it has
> been fixed upstream.  Here's the bug:
>
>    ;; Install completion for labels:
>    (setq TeX-complete-list
>          (append
>           '(("\\\\[Ss]ubref{\\([^{}\n\r\\%,]*\\)" 1 LaTeX-label-list "}")))
>           TeX-complete-list)
>
> The append call has an extra parenthesis after its first argument,
> turning this into an ill-formed trinary SETQ instead of correctly adding
> a sublist to the head of TeX-complete-list.

Thanks for the report, this bug was solved long time ago, but after
the release of version 11.89.  I don't know how AUCTeX is packaged in
Aquamacs, but if you can, I'd suggest you to use the Elpa version
which is updated more often (first version in Elpa with this bug
fixed: 11.89.1, current version: 11.89.6) and not bound to a specific
version of the editor.