Re: [AUCTeX-devel] preview-latex coding system problem with Japanese LaT

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] preview-latex coding system problem with Japanese LaTeX
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 23:26:09 +0100

Hi Ikumi,

first of all sorry for having overlooked this message before.  In
addition, thank you for the very detailed description of the problem,
much appreciated!

I can't comment much your proposed patches, I'm not too familiar with
preview code, probably you know it better than me after having studied
these problems ;-)  I don't really have the time to dive into it in
this period.

Regarding A1, your proposed approach looks good to me (always with the
caveat I'm not an expert on preview).  My understanding is that your
patch would completely fix this bug, right?  Regarding A2, I don't
think I can help you.  I hope David can give some comments on this.

In any case, a better cooperation between preview and core AUCTeX is
desirable, as you suggested in point C.  If I remember correctly, some
times ago it was suggested to combine their error parsing frameworks,
as there is some overlap.  I guess the main problem is the lack of
active manpower with good knowledge of both packages.