Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Questions about cleveref.el

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Questions about cleveref.el
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:25:56 +0100

> If only one key is needed, why `TeX-completing-read-multiple'?

When I re-read the code of that function I asked myself the same
question, but he didn't answered :-(

> I think
> you can have it all by doing something like:
>
>     (setq items (if (and (fboundp 'reftex-citation)
>                          (fboundp 'reftex-plug-flag)
>                          (reftex-plug-flag 3))
>                     (reftex-citation t)
>                   (completing-read
>                    (TeX-argument-prompt optional prompt "Key")
>                    (LaTeX-bibitem-list))))
>
> And further down:
>
>     (TeX-argument-insert items optional)
>
> Or am I missing something?

Will try this.

>>> You can again mark the bib-items with `m' and close with RET.
>>
>> Yes, thanks, I saw that in the manual.  There is only one thing I
>> still can't do: how to show all entries?  SPC, like in
>> `reftex-reference', doesn't work.  I used "." regexp to hopefully
>> catch them all, but thought there was a key-binding for that.
>
> That is somewhat hidden in the manual:  Try `='.
>
> 7. Commands[1]
>
> Command: reftex-citation
>          While entering the regexp, completion on knows citation keys is
>          possible. ‘=’ is a good regular expression to match all entries
>          in all files.
>
> Best, Arash
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]  https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/reftex.html#SEC56

Thank you.  I was reading the section
https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/reftex.html#SEC27 because
the use of SPC to display all labels is documented in the
corresponding section for labels
(https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/reftex.html#SEC13).