Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Fix for tex-jp.el

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Fix for tex-jp.el
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 15:27:14 +0000

>>> "Ikumi" == Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> writes:

   > Hi Uwe,
   >> I am rather sure this is a mule question. No 21.4 vs 21.5

   >> I try to check in the coming days.

   > Do you have any progress about this issue?

   > Bye,
   > Ikumi Keita

I just checked the latest auctex master which includes the following

commit 9876030e88a67c36b567df20d5c3235d36ab3b45
Author: Ikumi Keita <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat Feb 4 17:39:30 2017 +0900

    Fix minor problems
    * tex.el (TeX-view-predicate-list-builtin): Enclose whole alternatives
    in regexp with shy group in order that the effect of "\`" and "\'"
    covers all the alternatives.
    * latex.el (LaTeX-auto-cleanup): Regard "Class", in addition to
    "class", as an indicator of LaTeX2e document.

So now it gets interesting. Auctex also provides a facility to compile
xemacs-pkg which are *not* compatible with the official ones.

    -  Now I can compile the auctex xemacs pkg for 21.4 mule and non
       mule! I did not try out 21.5 because even the xemacs team
       recommends not to use 21.5 for generating a xemacs pkg

    -  however when I try to compile the official xemacs pkg which all
       the tree, it only works for xemacs21.4 Mule, it fails for 21.4
       nomule.

Uwe