Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Small patch for subfiles.el

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Small patch for subfiles.el
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 17:53:44 +0000

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > Thanks for your checking.  I'm not sure what you mean with slow.  I
   > tried the function for a file in a directory with 60 .tex files (260
   > files total) and the completion was almost without any delay (and my HD
   > setup is not fast).

Well I have a lenovo X200s with a 200 SSD and it almost needs 1 minute
to complete. I call that slow.

   > I'm afraid there is not much checking; the argument of interest is
   > PREDICATE for Emacs and HISTORY for XEmacs (IIRC).  I'm happy as long as
   > the function does not throw an error on XEmacs.

   > Reg. scaling images, you could try to load your images in Emacs with
   > ImageMagick support; I think it can scale[1].

Hm I have
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

But then suppose I have

\includegraphics{myimg.jpg}

Iimage.el displays the image but how am I suppose to scale that? I mean
where I am suppose to add the magic keywords (:width width, :height
height) without breaking latex syntax?

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/ImageMagick-Images.html