Re: [AUCTeX-devel] A simple patch displaying compilation time

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] A simple patch displaying compilation time
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 12:43:07 +0100

Hi Marcin,

> Hi all,
>
> I have finally become bored enough of going to Eshell and saying "time
> pdflatex <whetever>" instead of just pressing C-c C-c that I decided to
> spend a few minutes writing this quite trivial patch.  I would be
> thankful for reviewing it and telling me what I should change in case
> I messed something up (or accepting it if I didn't;-)).

Neat!  However XEmacs doesn't have `time-to-seconds' function, so
probably `TeX-compilation-time' should be called only if the function
is defined.  Probably we should seriously discuss if we still want to
support XEmacs.

I'd hold on this patch to see whether someone has other concerns about
it (in that case this can be made optional), otherwise I'd be happy to
apply the patch.  Thank you!